Frankly, it doesn’t make sense. EqualLogic has been shipping product for almost ten (10) years now and is the undisputed leader in pure iSCSI SAN solutions in the entire industry. But if you’ve been an EqualLogic SAN client for a number of years now, you want to ask yourself a few questions before you even consider looking beyond an EqualLogic SAN:
- Have I kept my ProSupport agreements current, renewed, and up-to-date?
- Have I brought my EqualLogic arrays up to the current code?
- Have I updated my EqualLogic arrays with any and all appropriate security patches?
- Have I reached out to my local EqualLogic rep or spoken with my EqualLogic reseller in the past six (6) months for the purpose of getting a technology refresh on EqualLogic?
- Have I reached out to my noted team above for a Dell EqualLogic roadmap presentation for new products and / or features that will enhance my business environment?
Let’s face it, we’re all busy…and you’re right, that’s no excuse for not hearing from your Dell EqualLogic team. However, you bought your EqualLogic SAN for a reason…perhaps multiple reasons. One of the hot topics nowadays is the issue of integrated backups into your SAN, so before going down that road here are some questions to ask in regard to this (taken from Dell’s own product positioning team):
- Do you want to risk losing your backups if the primary storage has a bug or there’s a human error?
- If your backup and recovery solution is poor, how will you easily find a particular file to recover and restore it?
- What kind of data is taking up the most space?
Thinking about expanding your EqualLogic SAN…? Updated EqualLogic pricing is available and now easier to configure than ever before.